We are looking for an experienced contract Tech Artist with a strong sensibility for art and the ability to create stylized visual effects. A three-month contract guaranteed with the opportunity to extend depending on the project.
- Design dynamic VFX systems that add atmosphere and depth to environments and gameplay.
- You will be the link between the artistic and technical teams and therefore it is vital that you are able to develop the needed systems and applications.
- Your responsibility as Tech Artist is to be creating and iterating on game assets including sprites, geometry, custom shaders, particle fx.
- Find solutions to improve and match the style of the game by building systems like water, clouds, fire, and lighting VFX.
- You will work closely with the artists, animators, designers, and engineers on the team, to develop effects, implement, and build supporting tools from the ground up in Unity.
The ideal candidate:
- Has shipped three or more console or PC games as an engineer or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively offsite on shared projects.
- Experience with Photoshop, Maya, Unity.
- HLSL and ShaderGraph as a plus
- Experience programming for modern consoles.
- Working understanding of game design.
- Strong desire to build narrative games.
If interested, please apply via
Full-Time Game Designer
- Owning various level designs all the way from greybox to final.
- Designing and implement interesting and engaging gameplay sequences
- Implementing scripted scenes into the engine using proprietary tools
- Assisting with brainstorming, mechanic ideation, and gameplay tuning
- Available full time.
- Receptive to critique and feedback
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed
- Attention to detail and a desire to make excellent narrative games
- Fluent in English
- Able to work during Pacific Time business hours. (Our studio is in Los Angeles)
- Three or more shipped games as a designer or scripter
- Experience implementing gameplay content using proprietary and industry-standard tools
- Strong game design and communication skills
- Strong Unity skills
- Familiarity with programming and logic concepts
- Experience in C# or C++
- 3D Modeling experience
- Experience in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Ability to bring diverse perspectives and personal experiences to our team.