Full-Time Experienced Environment/Level Artist
Night School Studio is an independent game developer known for player-driven narratives that combine wonder, danger, and humor. We’re building visionary worlds and pushing the boundaries of storytelling. Night School Studio is seeking a full-time Experienced Environment/Level Artist with a strong sensibility for art and design. An environment/level artist that has a strong eye for visual composition and broad experience in the creation of 3D environments.
Your responsibility will be in designing, blocking out, modeling locations for 3D. You will be the bridge between concept art and design. You will work in coordination with the other designers and artists on the team.
- Great communication skills and the ability to work in Los Angeles a plus, but not a necessity.
- Worldbuilding in Unity engine, level layout exteriors and interiors, terrain sculpting, white boxing, and set dressing using 3D assets to produce believable locations within a 3d environment.
- Collaborating with writers, artists, and designers to support level design and construction.
- Experience with lighting environments, lightmaps, global illumination, optimization a plus.
- Software skill in Unity Engine. Pro Builder, Substance Designer, Photoshop, Maya, PerForce.
Contract Game Engineer
Night School Studio is an independent game developer known for player-driven narratives that combine wonder, danger, and humor. We’re building visionary worlds and pushing the boundaries of storytelling. We are looking for a driven and experienced engineer to help see our recently announced title, Oxenfree II: Lost Signals, to completion, as well as assist in maintaining and upgrading live titles and pipelines. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, a skilled generalist that can adapt and learn quickly, and is well-versed in the vocabulary of story-driven games.
- Plan for and implement game systems, tools, and pipelines for one of Night School’s upcoming projects, as well as for upgrades to live games.
- Use problem-solving skills to write code that is elegant, extensible, and optimized.
- Help maintain our codebases by testing, analyzing, debugging, and optimizing.
- Work closely with peers and leadership to develop features that are of a cohesive technical and creative vision.
- Provide technical expertise to other departments where needed.
- Learn new skills, tools, and workflows on the fly to adapt to the ever-changing environment of software development.
- Clearly communicate specifications of features and tools to the rest of the team.
- Willing and able to jump into all kinds of programming and technical tasks
- Have a passion for building interesting and effective gameplay systems
- Driven to write intuitive and robust code
- Skilled at giving and receiving critique and feedback
- Able to intuit the intent of a design and translate that into a functional feature
- Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in English
Skills & Requirements:
- A breadth of knowledge in all kinds of software engineering and game development topics
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- Strong 3D math and logic skills
- Experience working in Unity
- Strong understanding of memory management & performance
- Significant experience in C# or C++
- Two or more shipped console or PC games
- Bonus: Significant experience with git
- Bonus: Experience with AWS or other networking features