Release Date: January 15, 2016
Named one of the greatest games of the decade by Polygon, OXENFREE is a supernatural thriller about a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift. It is Night School Studio’s first release, garnering awards and accolades from the Independent Games Festival (Excellence in Visual Art), D.I.C.E. (Outstanding Achievement in Story Nominee), and the Game Developer’s Choice Awards (Best Debut).
You are Alex, and you’ve just brought your new stepbrother Jonas to an overnight island party gone horribly wrong. Determine every aspect of Alex’s story while exploring Edwards Island, uncovering the area’s dark past, and changing the course of your friends’ lives forever. How you deal with these events, your friends, and the ominous creatures you’ve unleashed is up to you.
- An intelligent conversation system that changes the story and your relationships based on every decision
- A unique radio mechanic that allows Alex to communicate with mysterious spectres and manipulate her world
- Art from Disney alum and an original soundtrack by scntfc (JETT: The Far Shore, Sneaky Sasquatch, and Virtual Virtual Reality)
- Multiple mysteries to unravel, spanning decades and lifetimes
- Inspired by little-known events of World War II
- Featuring voice talent from The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Borderlands and more
- Music and Sound by scntfc
- Erin Yvette (The Wolf Among Us, Tales From the Borderlands)
- Gavin Hammon (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tomb Raider)
- Britanni Johnson (Borderlands, Borderlands 2)