Night School Studio is looking for Writers to join our team.
Founded in 2014 by cousins Sean Krankel and Adam Hines, Night School is an independent studio focused on the intersection of story and interactivity. The team of Telltale and Disney alumni are applying their extensive experience to create games filled with wonder, danger, and humor. We shipped our first game, Oxenfree in 2016 to critical acclaim.
Help us ship the next one!
As a writer at Night School Studio you will…
- Write interactive scripts under the guidance of our Creative Directors
- Collaborate with the entire team to ensure a compelling and immersive narrative
- Contribute in writer’s rooms for pre-existing and new ips
- Respond to internal/external feedback throughout the development process
- Generate outlines, treatments, and other support materials as needed
Ideally, you are…
- Experienced in shipping narrative driven content
- Passionate about stories across all mediums
- Familiar with the game development process
- Excellent at communicating narrative principles
- Great at listening
- Quick on your feet
Benefits and Perks include…
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation, office closures, sick days
- Company sponsored events throughout the year: industry gatherings, launch parties, holiday parties
- A friendly and open workplace environment
Send us a resume and a polished sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We prefer screenplays, teleplays, plays, and interactive game scripts
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING – IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A WRITING SAMPLE: By applying for the position and submitting any writing sample (the “Sample”) to Night School Studio, LLC. (“Night School Studio”), you understand and acknowledge that Night School Studio is constantly developing in-house ideas, formats, stories, concepts, artwork and the like (collectively, “Creative Elements”), and that many such Creative Elements developed by Night School Studio now or in the future may be similar to or identical to those contained in your Sample. You agree that Night School Studio will not be held liable for any such similarities and that Night School Studio’s use or development of Creative Elements similar to or identical with any material or elements (including Creative Elements) contained in the Sample shall not obligate Night School Studio to you in any manner. In connection with your agreement to these terms, you expressly waive any claims you may have against Night School Studio arising from or relating to your submission of the Sample.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S. Night School Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.