Interested in joining Night School?
We’re looking for a Game Production Intern to join our team! As Night School Studio’s Game Production Intern, you will support the production development of our scrappy studio’s roster of games, including Afterparty, Oxenfree, and unannounced titles. This position is unpaid but offers the chance to gain experience, skills, and knowledge needed to obtain a solid start in the games industry. We also provide college internship credit if desired.
This position is open to all qualified applicants, including college students, recent grads, or anyone who is interested in starting a career as a video game producer. This internship is also flexible on duration and work hours per week based on the intern’s needs. Minimum duration is three months. Minimum work hours per week is 20hrs.
- Collaborating with the Producer to find creative solutions to development problems.
- Identifying production issues and conflicts between schedule, cost, and project scope targets and offering solutions.
- Track progress of tasks and project schedules.
- Creating and maintaining development documentation.
- Communicating regularly with all members of the studio.
- Participating in development meetings, taking meeting notes, and turning them into actionable tasks.
- Supporting the management of QA as well as directly contributing to QA testing.
- General office duties as needed.
- Understand and contribute to company goals and core values while bringing a positive and collaborative approach to all project related activities.
- Suggest and assist in process improvement initiatives.
- Desire to pursue a career as a video game producer.
- 0 – 2 years of experience in game, film, or technology development.
- Passion and knowledge of the video game industry.
- Familiar with game development processes.
- Understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. scheduling, tracking, reporting).
- An interest in storytelling/narrative craft (doesn’t necessarily mean playing narrative focused games).
- Treats others with respect and patience, a joy to work and collaborate with.
- Self driven, with an attention to detail.
- Very organized and responsible.
- Time management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must provide own laptop.
- Must be able to provide own relocation housing and transportation.
- Knowledge of Scrum methodology.
- Experience with JIRA / Confluence.
- Basic knowledge of Google Suite.
- Basic knowledge of Slack.
- General understanding of file management/organization.
Send us your resume.